End Sexual Assault
- And every 9 minutes that victim is a child.
Number of people victimized each year in the United States:
- 433,648 Americans 12 and older were sexually asssaulted or raped.
- 18,900 military experienced unwanted sexual contact.
- 60,000 children were victims of “substantiated or indicated” sexual abuse.
- 80,600 inmates were sexually assaulted or raped.
Effects of Rape
94% of women who are raped experience symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) during the two weeks following the rape.
The average number of rapes and sexual assaults against females of childbearing age is approximately 250,000. Thus, the number of children conceived from rape each year in the United States might range from 7,750—12,500.
Approximately 70% of rape or sexual assault victims experience moderate to severe distress, a larger percentage than for any other violent crime.
People who have been sexually assaulted are more likely to use drugs than the general public.
- 3.4 times more likely to use marijuana
- 6 times more likely to use cocaine
- 10 times more likely to use other major drugs
Figures courtesy of the Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network (RAINN)
Rape Crisis Center
These horrifying assaults must come to an end which is why the Family Crisis Center is here to help. We offer victims a safe, secure, and confidential area to seek justice. With a trained team of sexual assault advocates and medical professionals, victims can comfortably have a rape examination completed. Our rape crisis center also, offers victims an opportunity to have their voice heard through individualized counseling, support groups, among other services. Our team is here to aid victims in their fight against sexual assault. If you or anyone you know have been a victim of sexual assault contact our crisis hotline at 1-870-933-9449.